Your most formidable obstacle is you. If you are unwilling, or filled with doubt, you simply cannot go very far.
I’m working on training my mind in the hot yoga room. To overcome my biggest obstacle – silencing the daily chatter – I’ve been reading positive words outside of the class, and applying them to my Bikram practice.
Over the past few weeks, dedicating my practice to a quote or affirmation (e.g. Practice courageous vulnerability) has improved:
1. my overall concentration levels
2. my balance in my Standing Bow Pulling pose
3. the depth of my backbend in Half Moon pose with Hands to Feet pose
4. my kicking progress in Floor Bow
5. and, my ability to zone in on my own practice in order to make those minor adjustments.
I encourage you to try this recitation technique during a couple of your more difficult poses.
View original post 104 more words