There is plenty of good things going on at Gaiam from the 100% satisfaction no hassle guarantee to the environmental packaging, fair trade policies and donation committee. This is one good , green company that does well by doing good!
History of Gaiam Founded in Boulder, Colorado in 1988, Gaiam is a provider of information, goods and services to customers who value the environment, a sustainable economy, healthy lifestyles, alternative healthcare and personal development.
Our Name Gaiam (pronounced “guy-um”), is a fusion of the words “Gaia” and “I am” Gaia, mother Earth, was honored on the Isle of Crete in ancient Greece 5,000 years ago by the Minoan civilization. This civilization valued education, art, science, recreation, and the environment and believed that the Earth was directly connected to its existence and daily life. The concept of Gaia stems from the ancient philosophy that the Earth is a living entity. At Gaiam, we believe that all of the Earth’s living matter, air, oceans and land form an interconnected system that can be seen as a single entity. The word Gaiam represents planetary awareness, preservation and support of the interconnectivity of all living things. By nurturing, protecting and respecting our planet, its natural resources and its inhabitants, we enrich our own lives and those of future generations.
Company Services By offering information, products and services under Gaiam’s name or recommendation, we are working to become the source for individuals and businesses interested in natural health, ecological lifestyles, personal growth and sustainable commerce.
We offer the highest quality branded products and services available, many of which are exclusively produced for Gaiam. Our merchandising strategy is based on extensive research, customer suggestions and recommendations, attendance at global industry trade shows, and working with vendors and industry leaders on product development. We are committed to enhancing our reputation in the marketplace by continually improving our services to you.
Gaiam Life is your guide to living fit, healthy, green and happy. With thousands of free articles and videos on everything from yoga to healthy eating to personal development, the Gaiam Life library offers solutions for every area of your life.
• Improve your yoga or Pilates technique with tips and how-to’s for beginners and pros alike.
• Learn about ancient Eastern practices such as T’ai Chi and Qigong.
• Work out with celebs like Trudie Styler and Valerie Bertinelli.
• Lose weight the natural way with safe and effective advice from reputable sources, such as the Mayo Clinic.
• Find the best foods and yoga poses to detox your body.
• Serve up healthy recipes made from local and organic ingredients — including gluten-free and vegan dishes.
• Combat food waste with our comprehensive composting guide.
• Embrace your eco style with advice on green fashion and décor.
• Save money, and the planet, with tips to reduce your home energy use.
• Calm your mind in our online Mediation Rooms.
• Pinpoint your life purpose with advice from personal growth experts like Deepak Chopra and Jean Houston.
• Tap into your spirituality or explore new concepts in excerpts from today’s most thought-provoking books.
The Good Word encourages you to shop at retailers that strive to leave the world a better place. The links above help support the good work at THE GOOD WORD.