Natural Science Myth Busting Factoid Of The Day.
The Good News is eagles aren’t strong enough to fly away with your child. Full grown eagles weigh 8-12 pounds and are reported to be able to carry up to half their weight, 1/4 is a more likely target. The average human baby weighs 7.5 pounds. The eagle can glide downward with a much heavier weight, but can’t generate the lift. This video was reported to be altered however golden eagles have been known to attack much larger prey using speed and momentum to push a mountain goat off a cliff.
Conclusion: Be careful out there, but don’t be afraid to step outside and live your life, smile as much as you can : )
- Eagle Snatch YouTube Hit Exposed as Hoax (israelnationalnews.com)
- Why No Kids? Golden Eagles! (whynokids.com)
- Eagle ‘snatches’ toddler in Canada (itv.com)
- Child-snatching eagle hoax video goes viral (stuff.co.nz)
- That kid-snatching eagle video? Fake! (cosmiclog.nbcnews.com)
- Eagle snatching boy video is hoax (bbc.co.uk)
- Students’ hoax video of an eagle snatching a baby goes super-viral (itsnicethat.com)
- Golden Eagle Snatches Kid (snopes.com)
- Golden eagle video: film school reveals the truth (guardian.co.uk)