GiveBack was founded by Stephen Paletta, the winner of Oprah’s Big Give, a show that aired in 2008. As a contestant, Stephen traveled across the country and met people in every town who were making a difference; people giving back to their community and the world.
Stephen was awarded $1,000,000 to give back to the causes he wanted to support. So he set up his own foundation and gave away his winnings to causes in his hometown and around the world.
GiveBack was conceived and built around the idea of empowering people to start their own foundation. Then, by developing unique benefit programs with companies around charitable giving, GiveBack helps members accumulate more money to give back to the causes they care most about.
The Give Back Foundation (EIN 26-2449481) was established in 2010 to allow any person to join GiveBack and set up their personal foundation account. The funds that accumulate are part of the Give Back Foundation. Any money that a member adds directly into their GiveBack account is immediately tax deductible to the full extent allowed. The members can give their money away to any 501c3 charity in the United States whenever they choose.
At year end the Give Back Foundation will issue every member a consolidated giving statement that may be used as an IRS tax receipt. There are no fees to start your foundation, or for donation processing.
Two Organizations. One Mission.Give Back, LLC (dba GiveBack) and the Give Back Foundation share one common mission: to inspire more givers to give more. A simple yet powerful idea.
By working together, we create a sustainable business model that efficiently uses resources to serve individuals and organizations. All charitable funds are securely distributed through the Give Back Foundation to charities. Give Back, LLC manages all programs, operations and GiveBack.org on behalf of the Foundation.
- GiveBack.Org Turns Anyone into a Philanthropist (prweb.com)
- Billionaire John Arnold And His Wife Launch Giving Library (forbes.com)
- Too-Dark Foundation? There’s a Fix For That (bellasugar.com)
- How To Find The Right Donor-Advised Fund (And Why) (philanthropyedge.wordpress.com)
- 5 Gifts That Give Back (bellasugar.com)
- Kelser Gives Back – New Charity Foundation Celebrates the Spirit of Giving (prweb.com)
- Giving Library Launch Aims to Improve Philanthropy (ireport.cnn.com)
- IICF Announces Nonprofit Beneficiaries of IICF Week of Giving (prnewswire.com)
- MLB Players Give Back . . . Or Do They? (garrickleedy.wordpress.com)
- Why Charity is is important (harikrishnamurthy.wordpress.com)